Iconic Inspirations at Kitchens.com

Kitchens.com is a great resource for kitchen design and renovation information . The site's full of practical advice and great ideas. It's also run by some of my favorite people on the editorial side of the kitchen and bath industry.

Back in March, Kitchen.Com's editor, Kim Sweet, requested me to participate in a piece of writing venture they had been operating on. I became venerated and said yes before I knew what precisely I turned into getting into.

The plan was to find well-known kitchens designers (who? me?) and pair us with an influential person outside of the industry. Based on a phone interview, we'd then design a fantasy kitchen for our iconic partners. The plans would never be build so we weren't constrained by such mundane things as budgets or production schedules.

I was paired with chef Ann Cooper . Ann's known as the Renegade Lunch lady and has made it her life's work to improve the quality and healthfulness of kids' school lunches.

Ann lives within the Rocky Mountains, entertains plenty and as a chef, is used to being around commercial gadget. She desired something transitional, a room wherein she should cook and entertain on the equal time and prefer anybody, she desired a whole lot of room. There needed to be a completely functioning outdoor kitchen as nicely and it wanted a charcoal grill and a wooden-burning pizza oven.

I drew a plan in SketchUp and Kitchen.Com's first rate renderer Kevin took my basic drawings and made absolute magic out of them.

The house become to be within the mountains and I desired to honor the vicinity and have the final room be rustic but not primitive. I used an inset, flat-panel cupboard in an off-white painted finish. The counters across the sink and part of the island's wall are in Carrera marble and the rest are in stainless steel. The island that I morphed right into a table is an homage to the exceptional Johnny Grey. He constructed an arced piece of marble right into a kitchen and it is haunted me for the remaining ten years. I hope my model of it did some justice to the original.

The other designers who worked on this project were Cheryl Kees-Clendenon , Kelly Morrisseau and Ann Porter .

Here's Cheryl:

Here's Kelly:

Here's Ann

I know and admire all three of these women and it's a privilege to be included in any group that involves them. Now that it's finished and now that I see whose designs are part of this project as well, I'm struck by the same question. Why did you pick me? Those three are accomplished, award-winning designers and I'm some schmoe with a big mouth. Whatever the reason, this has been a real thrill so thanks go to Kim, mark and Kevin at Kitchens.com and of course to Ann Cooper for being such a good sport.

You an see the rest of this newsletter and spot Cheryl, Kelly and Ann's designs on Kitchen.Com's Iconic Inspirations.

Iklan Atas Artikel

Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel1

Iklan Bawah Artikel2