Sub-Zero/ Wolf plant tour and seminar day one: Wow.

I spent almost the entire day yesterday at Sub-Zero/ Wolf 's Westye Bakke Center and at the Sub-Zero plant itself. I couldn't take photos of the production floor and although I understand the reasons why, it's an amazing place. It was heartening to see an American factory staffed with enthusiastic people who were committed to the products they make and who were treated as valuable assets by their employer. Sub-Zero's daunting reputation for high, high quality starts on that factory floor and everybody knows it. It was inspiring.

Next door to the factory is Sub-Zero/ Wolf's Westye Bakke Center, a training facility and kitchen appliance wonderland that I couldn't quit photographing.

Between their high tech, multimedia showcase auditorium and greater completely connected and completely staffed kitchens than I may want to count number, I became on sensory overload all day. Never have I eaten a lot appropriate meals to absorbed a lot facts in a unmarried day. Tomorrow's all approximately Wolf cooking so it'll be greater of the equal I'm superb.

Being here in Madison completes a bit of a circle for me. Six years ago, I had the honor and pleasure to meet and get to know (and work with) Bill Draper from Draper DBS . Bill Draper is a cabinet and furniture maker without peer so far as I'm concerned. He was also the first member I'd met of a very small group of kitchen and bath people who've achieved superstar status. Draper's an inspiration and he was the first person I'd ever known who encouraged me to treat my career development as a true brand development. I took his advice to heart and look at me now. Hah!

Anyhow, after I met Bill, he had simply finished a massive undertaking right here in Madison. It turned into a lounge and eating room in Sub-Zero/ Wolf's Westye Bakke Center. He confirmed me his drawings and confirmed me a few snap shots and I changed into surprised by what I saw. It was an Art Nouveau living room presenting a number of the maximum incredible hand carved timber I'd ever seen. At the time I concept to myself, "Man, I would kill to look that lounge in individual, however I'll never get to Madison." Never say in no way children. Never say never.

I spent approximately an hour jogging my hands all over the maximum first rate hand carved wooden I'd ever seen this afternoon and I become pinching myself the whole time. Six years after having visible the plans for the place, I was finally standing in it. Here are a few pictures of the front room and the formal dining room attached to it.

I actually need a first rate digicam. Oh properly.

There have been two without a doubt dynamic and massive kitchens that Sub-Zero/ Wolf use for education human beings like me fingers on. The two kitchens are adjoining and even though they are finished in genuinely significantly one of a kind patterns, I knew without delay that they have been Mick De Giulio projects and certain sufficient they are. Mick's some other of the handful of kitchen and bath human beings who have accomplished celeb popularity. I have not met him but but there is masses of time.

I noticed that in the lobby and in one of the De Giulio kitchens there were some tell-tale glass sculptures that I couldn't help but recognize as Chihuly and sure enough, that's what they are. I keep running into his work. I have to admit that it took me a while to warm up to him but after having spent so much time at the Chihuly Collection at home , I'm really warming up to him as an artist.

I had some simply excessive expectancies for the Sub-Zero part of this seminar and I wasn't disappointed int he least. Sub-Zero is excellent in their category by way of a long shot and they may be that for a superb reason. Nobody does refrigeration better.

Tomorrow's all approximately Wolf cooking appliances and I'm searching ahead to it. I get to prepare dinner my own lunch tomorrow and I'm certain it will likely be the spotlight of this visit. Although, unusual even though it can sound, I'm in reality looking ahead to traveling the Wolf factory day after today too. So on Wednesday morning, I'll submit approximately my day with Wolf and I'll get a few greater pictures of the Jamie Drake-designed portions of the Westye Bakke Center too.

So many thanks to My tremendous Sub-Zero/ Wolf rep Cathy Bame for nominating me for this experience and thank you Sub-Zero/ Wolf for showing me the sort of suitable time given that I arrived the previous day.

If you guys have any questions you'd like to have answered about Sub-Zero/ Wolf, ask them here in the comments or drop me an e-mail and I'll take it from there. Once again, those websites are Sub-Zero Preservation and Wolf Cooking .

Iklan Atas Artikel

Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel1

Iklan Bawah Artikel2