Italian bath design, is it what people think it is?

This is a Roman toilet. As in Ancient Roman.

And this is what pretty much each bathroom I've ever been in in Italy seems like.

Italian culture has been perfecting the art of indoor plumbing for thousands of years and they have it down to both an art and a science. From what I've seen, bath design in Italy is a matter of efficiency, hygiene and speed. I find a lot to admire in how they go about designing bathrooms.

But when I'm in the US and I go looking for Italian bath components, I find anything but the efficiency I so admire in Italy.

Check out this combo from Hidra :

Here's another one, a touch greater sedate and also from Hidra:

Or how about this one from Simas :

Here's a sink-bidet-toilet combination from Axa-Moss :

Here's another sink-toilet-bidet combo, this time from Ceramica Cielo :

Somewhere I can hear the voice of a young Haley Mills, "Father, I should have a pony..."

So if this is how Italian Sanitary ware shows up for the rest of the world, why doesn't it look like that in Italy? I've asked this question about Italian kitchen design before and I'm asking it again because I didn't get a satisfying enough answer.

Is Italian layout only for export? Or do they maintain it to themselves and depart the pedestrian stuff for American visitors (in no way a tourist here!). Do all countries do this?

To all my non-US people, how does American design display up wherein you are?

What is the state of Italian bathtub design in any case? Is it somewhere inside the wall-set up wonders from Hidra or is my holiday photograph extra like it?

Iklan Atas Artikel

Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel1

Iklan Bawah Artikel2