White Planked Bathrooom

Well surprise surprise, we've started another project.  Why start and finish one when you can literally make baby steps into several projects at once.  The good news is that they all eventually get done this way.  I think.

I absolutely love this powder room below and it looks to be exactly the same size and layout as ours.  Such a pretty blank slate!  I love all that white and the soft linen roman shade.  And man, how pretty is that marble top?

We've decided to keep the existing wood paneling and just paint it white like we did in the family room.  It's such a beast of burden to paint over that dark stain but I like the interest it adds over just plain drywall.  Of course our paneling doesn't go to the ceiling like it does in these bathrooms so I've got to decide if I'm going to recreate it on the top half or just paint it white to match.  I can almost guarantee you what my husband's vote is on this.

Originally I wanted to do something bold on the top half with a colorful wallpaper but I'm rethinking that now.  I'm infamous for waffling between a love of color and a need for more neutral spaces.  My best guess is to stick with neutral and let the art and accessories be colorful for now.  Maybe do a fun pom-pom trim on a plain roman shade.

We also need to decide what to do about the existing sink console.  It's really big and clunky and stained dark brown like the paneling.  It's got an ugly cream seashell sink too.  Lovely.  While we both agree that a nice new pedestal sink would look best that means doing something new with the flooring in order to address the gap in the floor under the old sink cabinet.

I could paint it white or maybe taupe and pop a new stone counter top on top.   But it's old and dirty and not very well made so it might be better to just purchase a whole new vanity.  We'll see.

Iklan Atas Artikel

Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel1

Iklan Bawah Artikel2