Salvaged Wood Advent Tree

Hello.

I made this wood tree advent a while back and shared it over at Ella Claire.

Today I desired to re-proportion it right here by myself blog for any of you who may additionally have overlooked it.

By the way,  have you seen Ella Claire's Christmas home tour yet? So beautiful! It's a must see!

So to make my creation tree, I went to my wooden pile and discovered some antique savaged wood.

I decided to white wash the wooden to offer it a lighter, smooth look. To create the white wash, I definitely just mixed water into my white paint to offer it a watery stain-like consistency, after which I brushed it onto the wood.

Once the paint was dried, I began constructing my tree.  I used one long board for the back, mine is about 4 feet tall. And five smaller boards, ranging from 1 - 2 1/2 feet tall for the branches, but honestly you can use whatever size wood you have on hand. You just want the boards to differ in sizes to give it a tiered effect.

After the tree changed into constructed, I nailed on 25 lengthy nails.

I filled the wood tree up with some small gifts, fun present tags, and ornaments to grasp on the Christmas tree.

I also love the idea of adding little numbers above each nail.  And then hang an ornament that gets moved up a nail each day, creating a count down, which is such a great idea for little ones who are always asking, "how many more days until Christmas?" This way they are able to see for themselves.

It's so exciting, counting down to the massive day.

Thanks for preventing by way of,

Emily

Iklan Atas Artikel

Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel1

Iklan Bawah Artikel2