Office Progress & Fake Planked Bookshelves

As you already know, I'm currently operating on making over our domestic workplace.

The biggest exchange to date has been portray the walls a darkish grey coloration called, Software by means of Sherwin Williams.

The 2d trade turned into portray the ceiling trim and windows all in a brilliant white.

You can see more about the paint in my previous post HERE. In that post you will also find some inspiration pictures I'm using to give me ideas on decorating the room.

I plan on getting this room all decked out with rustic holiday decor,  but for now, I'm enjoying the fresh, clean look of the room.

I nonetheless can't get over the new color of the walls, I adore it so much. I sense find it irresistible flows so nicely with the rest of our home.

Ok, so shifting on to the opposite facet of the room we've got a fixed of antique bookcases.

By the manner, can I additionally just tell you how a lot I love the contrast within the room.

All of the white pops out so much next to the darkish walls.

Especially the white windows and curtains. I also want to mention that my white curtains were actually made from Wal-mart's 5 dollar twin size sheets. Yup, I couldn't have found anything better for these windows.  You can learn more about the curtains HERE.

Ok, I'm getting distracted, again to the bookshelves.

They were quite dated looking before, so I determined to give them a few Fake Planks.

If you haven't seen by now, I have recently Faked Planked my bedroom wall.  I created these fake planks with a pencil! I've drawn my planks on with a pencil, and from across the room you can't even tell, they look as real as can be.

You can see more of my Fake Planks HERE

So for my bookshelves, I used the precise identical method as I did on our bed room wall.

I used a ruler to degree my planks 6 inches aside, I then used a leveler and a pencil to draw at the lines.

I marked my traces heavier in a few regions, lighter in others. This creates the illusion of area among planks.

I then lightly blotted sealer onto the traces to maintain them from smearing. Again, I used a moist paper towel to easy up any sealer that became outdoor of the traces as so they wouldn't be significant as soon as dried.

And once again, I assume I pulled off the plank appearance, and giving these vintage bookshelves an up to date look.

I cannot wait to proportion what I even have deliberate to head on those shelves. So stay tuned~

This room is clearly coming together. Every day it's miles looking more and more of what I have visioned in my head.

Thanks for preventing with the aid of,

Emily

P.S.  What have you been up to?  I'd love to see!  Please come back tonight or anytime until Sunday to link up to our Create - Share - Inspire link party. I hope to see you there.

Iklan Atas Artikel

Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel1

Iklan Bawah Artikel2