Powder Room Update | Painting the Cabinet Base Gray

Y'all know I change my mind a lot and take forever to make decisions.  But typically once I pick something it works out.  Maybe it's because I've learned how my brain works and the discrepancy between my computer screen and my real life.  It doesn't always work out though as perfect before and after and I wanted to show that to you today.  I'm not saying I've hit a terrible misstep I'm just not sure I've hit upon my final color yet either.

In phase one of my powder room renovation I am maximizing the use of paint to get a fresh look.  The sink is something that really needs to go but can't right now.  It's old and bulky and had the same wood tones as the wall panels.  It has an old off-white faux marble Formica counter top complete with a seashell shaped sink.  Not my thing.  Matthew and I want to pop a white pedestal sink in here but that requires new flooring.  There is no wood flooring under the existing sink. Womp Womp.

Here was the original plan I created after priming everything. I still love it, I'm just not sure if the gray cabinet is deep enough or if I need to go back with a slightly darker shade of gray.

I'm painting the wood paneling (after lots and lots of primer) in Designer White just like the family room and kitchen and all the other trim work in our home.  I feel like long-term this is really the best decision.  I had planned on painting the sink cabinet as well.  But that pesky off white counter-top is throwing a wrench in  my plan.  I decided that if the sink had a darker color than the counter-top wouldn't look as off.

And I was right.  The plan is most definitely working.  I'm just not sure if it's enough.  Do I need to go a shade or two darker?  This is just one coat of Balboa mist and I know it will need at least one more coat which will firm up the color a bit more.  I don't really want something super dark because that will just make the already too big cabinet look even more predominant.

Thoughts?  Keep in mind that everything still needs a few more coats of paint and touch-ups, etc. still need to happen!

Iklan Atas Artikel

Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel1

Iklan Bawah Artikel2