DIY Dip-Dyed Stool | A Serena & Lily Hack

I know I haven't done a DIY in forever but I've been itching to get something done.  With Wells in bible school this week, I thought it was the perfect chance to get some things crossed off my list.  It's no secret that I'm obsessed with these dip-dyed stools from Serena and Lily so when I spotted something similar while cleaning out our garage in Pawleys a few weeks ago I knew a DIY was in order.  I'm pretty excited that I was able to get the exact same look as the inspiration.

Here is what I started with.  An old tri-pod stool in need of a little love.  I almost threw this stool away at least five times in the last few years but I'm so thankful I never did.  I actually love that this stool is roughed up a bit so I decided to leave that well-loved patina. This would have been fun to do a reverse dip and leave the exposed wood on the feet but that would have involved sanding and another bucket.

It's really such a simple DIY and I know you've already seen it a million times round the internets so I won't bore you with instructions.  Basically, I took some leftover Shell Paint (a really pale pink) from Wells' room and poured it into a disposable cup. Then, I literally dipped each foot into the cup, held it up to let the runoff paint drip back into the can, and then let it dry.  So easy right!

I love that the dipped looks gives it a really smooth and thick coat that I could never have achieved with a paint brush.  I also think the rounded and organic edges are more in line with my inspiration piece than would have been achieved by taping off and spray painting.

I love my sweet little helper.  And I agree, the pink duck makes the picture.  We're a long way off from gutting this lovely 1970's bathroom but I'm slowly starting to tweak it to make the pink tile less offensive.  I've noticed by bringing in more pink tones it actually tricks the eye into reading more neutral.

Have you done any simple DIY's lately?  Saved yourself the time and ordered the stool you really wanted?  Learned to love your old and ugly bathroom?  I'm working big time on that last one.

Iklan Atas Artikel

Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel1

Iklan Bawah Artikel2