LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT | GALLERY WALLS

Now that we've been in our house for just over a year I feel like I'm finally starting to feel like maybe this is really where we'll be for a while.  I'm picking up speed on completing small projects and finding a home for everything.  Part of my commitment to hanging things or painting things stems from the fact that I have moved a lot in the past fifteen years.  A whole lot.   In fact, I've lived in 12 different places in 15 years.  Seeing as how I slept in the same room in the same house for the first 17 years of my life, this leaves me feeling perpetually unsettled.

So you can see why many design things live forever in my pinterest files alone.  I'm ready to change that, but my old fear of commitment comes creeping back and I'm curious about your thoughts.

Love it or go away it, gallery partitions?

One of the design elements that I've always wanted to try but haven't for fear of repairing nail holes, is a gallery wall.  So now that I finally feel like the time is right and I have accumulated some art and family photographs that I want to use for it, is it over?  Did I miss the boat?

I know we've seen about a million and a half gallery walls floating around Pinterest.  Some organic and others more uniform in scale.  Mostly filled with calligraphy, free printables, and deer antlers.  All things collected for the sole purpose of meshing well together on a wall.

Or the later, a series of Ikea Ribba frames in a grid.  Mostly used for family photographs or a grid of calendar page art.  I love the idea of displaying lots of photographs of our family in our home in an organized manner on the walls, keeping small frames from crowding our tabletops.

It's basically a prerequisite for any good blogger house tour.  But is that because they're the fad de rigeour?  Or because they're awesome and translate well into real homes full of pictures and memories and quotes we love and don't want to miss stuffed in a box somewhere?

So inform me, do you love it or go away it?

Iklan Atas Artikel

Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel1

Iklan Bawah Artikel2