a Holiday Baking Disaster & a Plan B

Yesterday I did a touch Holiday Baking for my Neighbors.

 A While back I found these cookies on Pinterest from here .  They looked so cute and festive and way easy. So I decided that was what I would make for my neighbors this year.

And then Jake was having some foremost cravings for Chocolate Popcorn, so I had planned to whip a number of that up too.

I went to the grocery store and bought all the ingredients.  And I was looking forward to a fun day of baking.

I even determined me a bit helper

Seriously, what little boy would not enjoy hammering some Candy Canes.

 He took his task very critical.

(whilst making these, take into account to double bag your sweet canes, then wrap a towel around the baggage).

Then they should look quite like this.

You can melt your chocolate in the microwave or a double boiler. But this is what I do; Put a small amount of water in a saucepan, and bring it to a low boil.  Put the chocolate in a metal bowl and lay it on top of the saucepan.

Stirring continuously.

So far so good....And then it's time to dip in the Oreo cookies.  (By the way I have always had difficulties when I've tried to dip anything into chocolate).

So they ended up searching like this.

  Ba Ha Ha!  What a Freak'n Hot Mess!

 First the cookies kept breaking.  Then they just weren't covering right.  I tried spoons, forks, tongs...Nothing was helping.

I want to compare mine to the picture on Pinterest. I'm guessing she has some secrets she wasn't sharing.

So I gave up on the cookies and moved on to the chocolate popcorn.

Which I burned the first bag, forgot to listen to the pops. I'm pretty sure at this point I was busy licking the chocolate spoon.

Anyway,  I made more popcorn, melted some dark chocolate, mixed it all together, then tasted it.

Ewww!  Looked at the package. UNSWEETENED!

Googled what to do when you have accidentally bought unsweetened chocolate.  You would think add sugar, right,? Nope,  milk!

So I added some milk,  But that only made it into a thick frosting like mixture.

Tossed it!

And then we come to Plan B

Mix all closing ingredients collectively!

Success!

So the final recipe goes like this:

White and Dark Chocolate Covered Popcorn with Oreos

Pop 2 bags of microwave popcorn,  Place in a large bowl.

Crush up 6 Oreo cookies, add to popcorn.

Melt 1 package of dark chocolate chips (Sweetened), Pour over popcorn.

Lay out on to Wax paper.

Now pop any other 2 baggage of popcorn, Place in a big bowl.

Crush up 6 Oreo cookies, add to popcorn.

Melt 1 Package of White Chocolate chips, Pour over Popcorn.

Lay out onto Wax Paper.

Now Mix each white and darkish popcorn collectively.

Eat/Share/Enjoy!

This is a no fail recipe,  I am not holding out any special tips or secrets on you.

Time to package!

I discovered those lovely Popcorn bags at the dollar keep.

I filled the baggage half of way full with the popcorn.

Then folded over the tops of the luggage and hollow punched.

Tied up with string, a tag and on some I added my homemade cardboard flowers.

I made the flowers out of paper towel rolls and blogged about it here in my last post about gift wrapping.

 I spray painted these ones silver.

 I came across the tags last year.  They are just a free printable you can find here . There are a few other cute ones too.

I became happy with the manner they all turned out.

 And it was also so good to get out of the house to deliver them.

After being cooped up for hours, totally Chocolate Waisted! Seriously,  I may not eat anymore chocolate until valentines day.

And Then......

After all that,  I was on Pinterest last night and found this :

My blessed life used Almond bark instead of chocolate,  and has a few helpful tips.

I simply might also want to provide them any other shot.

I'm sure this could be my final post earlier than Christmas.

So I want to wish you all and your families a

Very Merry Christmas!

Iklan Atas Artikel

Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel1

Iklan Bawah Artikel2