kitchen Refresh

Do you follow Nesting With Grace? It's definitely one of my favorite blogs. Brooke has such awesome style. Brooke posted an Instagram story recently that had me inspired to refresh my kitchen. Brooke shared how she removed everything from  her kitchen counters and then brought it all back in, but placed it in a new spot. This is a great way to change up your kitchen, or any space in your home for that matter, to make it feel fresh and exciting again.

I haven't shared photos of our kitchen in a while due to the fact now not lots has modified in right here for the reason that remaining time I shared it with you, however after switching only some matters around, our kitchen does experience a little distinct and so I notion it turned into worth writing up a weblog post and speakme more approximately those little changes I made.

I painted our cabinets, for the fourth time, about two years ago and I don't plan on painting them again anytime soon.  I mean, I have thought about it, because I love the feeling of a new paint color and how it can instantly make your kitchen feel brand new, but this color (BM Wrought Iron) has been great and I'm not sick of it yet.  It could use a few touch ups here and there, but that's really no big deal.

Once you go from light cabinets to dark, I don't think there is any going back.  I say this because white cabinets get so dirty so fast and it's so nice to not have to constantly wipe them down with the darker color. Yes, the dirt is still there, but what you don't see wont hurt you :)

My top cabinets are nevertheless white due to the fact I just like the evaluation. Also higher cabinets don't get close to as dirty as lower cabinets. I have idea approximately portray my top cabinets dark too however cannot decide if I should or no longer, what do you think? Yes or No?

Anyway, sorry I'm rambling. This blog post is not about paint colors, it's about decor, so let's move on.  Something that I've recently added to our kitchen is this curtain. I bought the fabric at a yard sale and used curtain clips to hang it up.  So very simple! It's amazing at how much curtains can change the look of a room.

Like I cited within the starting of this post, I turned into stimulated via Brooke, and so like Brooke, I first eliminated the whole lot off of my counters, gave the countertops a great cleansing and then started bringing things back in, however putting the things in a brand new area.

I started out with this aspect of our kitchen that has a built-in hutch look. This place constantly turns into a trap-all in our home. It's in which we throw our keys, phones, ipads, and many others. Etc. You recognize what I'm speaking about, proper? I suppose each home has a niche like this. So I added on this white field with rope cope with. The plant is just placed there for the photograph, however in real lifestyles this may be a wonderful spot to place all of these telephones, chargers, and what no longer's.

Function really is the most important thing in a kitchen.  So when bringing my decor back in, I really thought about what was working and what was not working for us.

Next, I focused on the other side of the room.  This is the counter that we use most for preparing food and so I tried to keep it cleared from extra clutter.

I placed my huge jars alongside the returned wall. I've had those jars for years and they were fantastic for containing baking staples.

The large jars and  the wood tray that they are on are all from yard sales. Of course :)

Tucked inside the corner is considered one of my water fountains. I even have a couple of water fountains round our domestic due to the fact I absolutely LOVE them. They genuinely make our domestic sense extra calm and relaxing.

I usually have plenty of stuff round our kitchen sink like candles, plant life, soaps, lotions...And so on. And so forth. And so for a pleasant trade I eliminated all of it and am presently liking the smooth and simplicity of this place.

I bought this paper towel holder at a yard sale this summer and think it's the coolest thing ever.  I looked online for it so I could share a link with you, but have yet to find it. I did however come across a ton of other really neat paper towel holder options during my search, so I may just write up a blog post to share them with you, and hopefully I can find something similar to this one as well.

Most of the decor round our home has come from yard sales or thrift stores. I love to accumulate things that communicate to me after which locate a place for all of it in our domestic.

So basically what you see on this little wall in our kitchen has all been "junk" I've collected over the years.  The anchor plate however can be found HERE at Wayfair.

Now permit's pass on to the other quit of our kitchen. I ended up putting maximum of everything I had here initially returned in its original spot. It just seems to make sense leaving these gadgets where they were. However, I did dangle up a dinner bell on the wall and positioned a bread container within the corner to cover our coffee and coffee filters. Oh and I also used a touch galvanized tray to keep a few oils and spices. Even although they had been little modifications, those little changes still made a distinction in our kitchen.

I have a love for Hawaii, and so on every occasion I see such a pineapples made from exceptional woods at a yard sale or thrift keep I actually have to shop for it.

I also gave our fridge a much needed clean slate. Before it turned into over loaded with pics and notes and now it's prepared for a clean start.

I get lots of feedback on my kitchen stools. I offered them at a backyard sale and feature protected the seats more than one times. The material that is on them currently is some lovely fabric I picked up whilst on vacation to Hawaii.

And Again, I experience like I'm getting off topic :) The reason of my blog submit nowadays became simply to share how I actually have refreshed our kitchen, and with any luck encourage you to change a few things around your personal homes as nicely. Just making a few little changes can certainly help to make your area feel sparkling and new. I think that all of us get right into a styling rut now and again and it is this type of exact feeling to replace things up sometimes.

And now I leave you today with this funny picture of Liam.  My boys love to jump in front of the camera whenever I take pictures of our home and I thought this one was just too cute not to share.

Please let me realize when you have any remarks, questions, or guidelines approximately our kitchen, I'd like to hear them.

Thank you for stopping by way of these days.

     Emily

Iklan Atas Artikel

Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel1

Iklan Bawah Artikel2