Cute Coastal Tray Makeover Using a Transfer

I need to proportion with you these days a clearly fun way to update furniture and home decor the use of a transfer.

I shared this post onHOMETALK a while back, but I wanted to share it again here on the blog  because I think that it's a really cool idea.

Disclaimer: I turned into proficient a switch from Re-Designed with Prima for this submit, However, all opinions are my personal.

I had this vintage tray that turned into looking sincerely grungy. The tray was at the start wood and surpassed right down to me from my Mother-in-regulation who no longer wanted it. I painted the tray white however through the years the white paint was beginning to scratch off and the tray changed into searching quite grubby and so I determined it become time to present this tray a brand new makeover.

I started out with the aid of giving the tray a sparkling new coat of white paint.

White paint is usually a very good choice for any kind of domestic decor refresh.

Next, I added a Decor Transfer to my tray. I was excited to try out this decor transfer from Re-Design With Prima because I have never used anything like this before. This particular Decor Transfer is called, Coastal Sea Life. I absolutely love the seashell design on it and as soon as I saw it I knew that it would look amazing on my tray.

This transfer comes in three sheets but I only needed one and a half sheets for this project,  so now I have extras that I can use again on something else around our home. These transfers can be used on furniture, walls, wood, glass, mirrors, and many other surfaces so the possibilities are endless.

Along with the Decor Transfer, this package also comes with smooth-to-follow instructions and a timber application tool.

The first step turned into to carefully take away the matte launch paper and then gently region the printed adhesive switch down into the preferred role.

Using the wood software device, I started out scratching over the seashell designs. I labored my manner from Left to Right after which slowly I peeled away the plastic top sheet. I determined the process to be certainly fun and pleasurable. There became some thing about it that jogged my memory of transient tattoos. Ha!

Because the first transfer sheet did not cowl the whole tray, I needed to cut a few extra designs off of any other sheet and upload it to the tray. In the stop all of it lined up and also you can not see any differences inside the sample.

The ultimate step turned into to add a sealer to help shield the decor switch. I used a Polycrylic from Minwax in a semi-gloss and simply lightly brushed it on with a small paint brush.

At first I had the tray leaned up towards the wall on a buffet table in our eating room.

With a tray this adorable it may nearly double as artwork.

But then I added the tray into the residing room and located it on our espresso table. And by coffee desk, I mean my grandma's vintage trunk that we use as a espresso table.

The exceptional factor approximately the adorable design at the tray is that it truly doesn't need a bunch of factors on pinnacle of it. It even seems cute just on its personal.

Although I did end up setting some beachy items at the tray like a massive green-tint bottle with a few wooden beads wrapped round it, a starfish, and my espresso mug.

I wanted to preserve the decor simple because the tray is the cutest part of the complete appearance.

The Seashell design at the tray certainly suits in well with the rest of my coastal fashion redecorating.

I genuinely had a lot of amusing giving this antique tray a pretty new makeover with this help of this Decor Transfer and I'm so satisfied with the manner that it turned out.

If you have any old furniture or home decor laying around that could use a new look then I would highly suggest you check out Re-Design with Prima. They have so may other options to pick from as well.

Thanks for sorting out my mission these days.

Emily

Iklan Atas Artikel

Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel1

Iklan Bawah Artikel2