A GARDEN-SUMMER-LAKE INSPIRED DISPLAY

I wasn't pretty sure what to call this blog post, but I do think that this new little display that I put together surely has a kinda lawn-summer season- lake vibe to it so that's what I'm going with :)

These cabinets which are in our open living-dining vicinity are continually a a laugh location for me to rearrange and display my ever converting domestic decor.

I never really know what direction I'm going in when I decorate.  I usually just start by removing whatever I'm tired of looking at and then adding in something new or something that I haven't used or seen in awhile.

In this case, the something new are these plants in Terracotta pots. All of these pots use to be painted, one was blue and two were white. I had brought the pots into the kitchen sink to give then a light wash before I planted in them, and in each case, the paint just started to peel off.  I figured these pots were wanting to be natural again and so I spend some time getting them all cleaned up. In the end they all have some tiny spots of paint left on them that I think looks really cool. I then re-potted some of my house plants into the pots and placed them on top of my antique wooden bakers rack shelf.

I did not assume I would really like them the terracotta shade, but by some means they had been just the element to tie this entire look together, choosing up the same colour in that antique timber vintage box.

Next I determined to bring in my Grandma Nora's straw hats. I've mention this earlier than and feature shared these hats lots of times due to the fact they are outstanding unique to me. My grandma Nora become a farm girl and would wear these straw hats day by day. When she passed away the main issue I wanted have been her straw hats.

I love adding these hats into my redecorating as a little reminder of her.

I also found this photo in a closet and determined to cling it returned up. It's a vintage black and white scenic print that I determined at a backyard sale, after which I had framed it the usage of some checked fabric as a photo mat. Little changes, like paintings or prints can really exchange the appearance of a space.

I moved the oars in that use to be in some other nook. They tie in nicely with the alternative lighter wood colours which might be taking place plus they create the feeling of summer season and lake vibes into this area.

And I assume that's approximately it, the whole lot else you notice was already in here.

I understand I say this all of the time, but if you just provide a place of your home a little extra interest, cleaning it and transferring matters around, and also you do this regularly, then it carry exact electricity to your home. I certainly consider in this.

That's why I like to replace things up so often, as it provides top energy and also because it simply continually feels fresh and new when I'm finished.

I've been rambling a chunk extra on this maximum then usual :)

Anyway, I hope which you loved this new lawn-summer season-lake display.

Let me understand what you observed of it.

Have a amazing day!

Peace & Love,

Emily

Iklan Atas Artikel

Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel1

Iklan Bawah Artikel2